Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy National Coming Out Day!

I think Diana Ross put it best when she sang

"I'm coming out, I want to the world to know, I've got to let it show."

Coming out is such an important and it's great that there's a day acknowledging it. We live in a world today where homosexuality is slowly become more socially acceptable. Turn on your TV and most networks have gay males in their shows. (Ugly Betty, Brothers and Sisters)
It's a shame though that lesbians have absolutely no visibility on network tv at all. Those who have cable are fortunate enough for shows like The L Word and South of Nowhere.
I can't wait for the day lesbianism will stop being eroticized.

Well in honor of Coming Out Day here is one of my favorite coming out scenes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home