Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pencils Down.


What do;

30 Rock,

The Office,

and Conan O'brien have in common?

Answer; Shows who have been affected by the writer's strike.

While I completely support the writers, I just don't know what I'm going to watch after the already shot episodes of these shows air. I'm not much of a repeat type of gal!

The writers are on strike because they don't get revenue from DVD sales or internet downloads, but producers do. That's enough reason to strike. (It really glorifies that image of the poor writer, even if you're a Hollywood writer)

What I'm most worried about is some shows getting canceled (30 Rock was on the brink of cancellation last season) and being replaced with (wait for it) REALITY TV. Reality TV is the guilty pleasure of today's TV age so there is a good chance of it filling up the airwaves.

Guess I'll watch my L Word DVD's for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home