Friday, January 4, 2008

Top Lesbian Moments in Gaming.

As a little girl playing Mortal Kombat II I would often think "Why all the fighting, why can't Kitana and Jade just kiss and make the world a better place." I realized that while its okay to shoot hookers in the head, run over police, kill zombie dogs, have sex with two women at the same time by pressing a set of buttons, it was not cool to have lesbian characters. Well, it's now 2008, and the lesbian community doesn't have any out-of-the-closet lesbian characters, we got them ambiguous types and those we wish were gay.

When I first got my my XBox 360 there were three games I wanted; Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed. All containing some lesbian references.

Halo:


So I'm play Halo 2 and whose voice do I hear; Michelle Rodriguez. Seriously I'm pretty sure almost every lesbian I know has had a crush on her (who wouldn't after seeing her in the ring, or kick some zombie dog ass?). Whether or not Michelle is gay or not, who cares ( she probably is though, how many white tank tops can a straight girl own). Not only was Halo 2 an awesome game, but hearing Michelle's voice every once in a while telling me reinforcements were coming was pretty cool. Plus, she can reinforce me any day. Here's an article about her history of video games.

Mass Effect:

This game was banned in Singapore. Why, you ask. Because there is a lesbian love scene. HOLY CRAP STOP THE PRESS. I haven't seen anything this straight forward lesbian in a game since I was playing Final Fantasy and confused one of the androgynous-looking guys for a girl.





Assassin's Creed:

Tell me a lesbian who doesn't think Kristen Bell is cute. Really, try. I bought Assassin's Creed cause it was one of the most hyped-up games of 2007, and it didn't hurt at all the Kristen Bell has a pivotal role in the game. Without giving too much away, let's just say that when I finished the game I thought, "There's gonna be a sequel and KB should be the main character."




Jade Empire:


I never had the chance to play Jade Empire because when it first came out I did not own an XBox but instead a PS2, so there's not really much I can say except for this simple math equation; lesbians+kung fu= awesomeness.



Notice how it fades out in the end when they're going for the kiss. Apparently when you play as the male character you get to the see the whole think. What happened to equal opportunity folks!?

Here's a video containing some more lesbian moments. (Thought you can tell that some of theme are clearly for the male gaze)






*Note that you can see the full girl-on-girl kiss in the Jade Empire game. This is because the kiss was only shown on the PC version of the game, which came out at a later time

GamesRadar also has the top 7 girl-on-girl kisses here.

1 Comments:

At January 7, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Blogger amendoeira said...

now... somethings are sexy, and something are even sexier... and then there's a lesbian gamer, that is the kind of thing that makes my day (and i'm assuming a hot one - pics?? hint, hint)

With due respect, can't you turn Bi so we marry each other? i'll offer you lingerie and you can have all the female lovers you want ;)

Kiss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home